Place dates, almonds, coconut oil, cacao powder and honey in a food processor and pulse until a crumble has formed.
Press this mixture tightly and firmly into a lined loaf tin.
Place in the freezer while you create the middle layer.
Place dates, coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla bean powder and honey in a food processor and process till smooth.
Add in the chopped pecans and pulse lightly.
Pour this layer evenly onto the base and pop back into the freezer.
Simmer a few inches of water in a saucepan and place a glass bowl over the top and melt the coconut oil.
Take the glass bowl off heat and add the maple syrup and cacao powder. Stir well to thicken into a smooth chocolate sauce.
Once the middle layer is fully set, pour the this chocolate layer on top, then sprinkle the chopped pecans on.
Return to the freezer for the top layer to completely set.
Remove from freezer after 30-40 minutes and slice while frozen into square pieces.
Keep them stored in the freezer. When you want one just let it defrost for a few minutes at room temperature.
To make sure this is extra healthy with no preservative, additives or hidden sugars be sure to use the best quality ingredients.
- Coconut Oil – Extra Virgin Cold Pressed
- Honey – Raw or Organic
- Dates – Medjool or Organic
- Cacao Powder – Raw and Organic Cacao Powder (I use this one from > Amazon)
- Peanut Butter – 100% roasted/raw peanuts, no palm oil, salt or sugar
- Vanilla Bean Powder – This can be hard to get a hold of. Use pure vanilla bean pods, vanilla bean grinder or vanilla bean powder if you have it available. (I wouldn’t worry too much if you don’t have it to hand.)
- Maple Syrup – 100% pure Canadian
(Visited 819 times, 1 visits today)