I love nut butters and this nut butter in particular is creamy, smooth and delicious. It just tastes awesome and is quite different from your peanut and almond butter. It is definitely one of my favourites.
I always have raw cashews in the house as they are incredibly creamy and naturally sweet! They are also ridiculously versatile and can be used for almost anything from raw cheescakes, to cashew cream, crushed nuts for stir fries to cashew milk… but today we’re going to make a lovely cashew butter. The vanilla powder and maple syrup in this recipe really compliment the cashews, making it extra special.
Cashews not only taste great, but they are really good for you too…
- Fantastic source of plant based protein.
- Full of the monounsaturated heart-healthy fats, which increase cardiovascular and heart health.
- Great source manganese, which is important for bone, nerve and thyroid health.
- They have a high copper content which is vital in energy production, greater flexibility in blood vessels and joints.
- They are rich in antioxidants that help the body to eliminate free radicals.
- Contain magnesium which works with calcium to support healthy muscles and bones.
- Magnesium also helps to promote sleep.
Cashew butter is great on toasted rye bread with banana, added into smoothies, with porridge, stuffed into medjool dates, on sliced apples or eating it out of the jar with a spoon.
Here are some simple step-by-step pictures to show you how it’s done.
Step 1. Lay cashews on baking tray.
Step 2. Roast for 8-10 minutes in the oven.
Step 3. Place everything into a food processor.
Step 4. Blend to a crumb.
Step 5. Keep blending, scrap down edged with a spatula.
Step 6. After about 5-7 minutes of blending (depending on power of food processor) the oils should start to release and it will start to become runny. Keep blending until it is really smooth and creamy. Be patient and let it run until it is really smooth.
I hope you like this recipe and give it a go, because it really does taste awesome 🙂
Much L O V E