Overnight oats are becoming one of my favourite go-to breakfasts at the moment, mostly because they taste like pudding, but mainly because they are so easy to prepare the night before!
So… if you’re a sucker for skipping breakfast in the mornings because you run out of time, then this one is for you!
Overnight oats are so dreamy because they are ready to take out of the fridge in the morning to start tucking into straight away, or to take with you on-the-go, whether that be work, uni, collage or the gym. You can enjoy your lovely healthy breakfast either on the bus, tube, park bench or in a shift handover.
This is also a great breakfast for the whole family as they are very inexpensive to make, and they’re a great alternative to sugar filled cereal. Your kids can get involved by making their own jar of oats and can create their own flavour by choosing which toppings they want in the morning.
This recipe is an awesome way start to the day because…
- Oats provide magnesium, fibre, plant-based protein and potassium.
- Soaking oats overnight helps their starches break down which makes them easier to digest.
- Maca powder (which has an amazing caramel like smell) is rich in vitamins B, C, and E, and packed with calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium and amino acids.
- Chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet – they are loaded with fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and loads of other micronutrients.
- It’s slow releasing complex carbohydrates for sustained energy and blood sugar levels.
- The fibre and healthy fats will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Have a happy morning 🙂
Much L O V E