These energy balls are really handy to keep in the fridge for when you need a little pick me up.
They are also a fantastic little snack to take to work or just to have in your bag for when you’re on-the-go. I love taking them on bike rides and long walks for when i’m feeling a bit peckish or need an energy boost.
These energy balls are bursting with nutritionally dense whole foods…
- Dates that are full of vitamins and minerals and naturally occurring sugars.
- Chia seed thats are full of omega 3’s, rich in fibre and high in antioxidants.
- Flax seed that are a great source of iron, zinc, protein, fibre and magnesium.
- Coconut oil is classed as a superfood for its unique combination of fatty acids which can help with fat loss and better brain function.
- Cacao powder – MY FAVOURITE! Another superfood that is rich in antioxidants and is an an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, is packed with a whole host of vitamins and minerals.
This recipe makes about 12 balls, depending on size. It is really easy to double the mixture for bigger portions.
I have also kept this recipe nut free, to make them more accessible for people to enjoy.
Much L O V E